This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
After you’ve stock-piled allll the baby clothes, diapers, and other must-have baby items– It’s time to start preparing the nursery!
You’ll need to be able to locate everything quickly and easily after the baby arrives.
These nursery organization ideas will help you do exactly that– even if you are organizing a baby room with limited space.
Nursery storage ideas for baby clothes
From the teeny tiny socks to the cute little hats with ears, how do you keep it all organized so you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
1. Baby closet dividers
Need to organize baby’s clothes in the closet? One idea is to use baby closet dividers to keep the different sizes neat and separated.
- ❤ EASILY ORGANIZE YOUR BABY’S CLOSET AND SAVE YOUR VALUABLE TIME – Simply hang it, organize it & happy easy finding! No more fussing, your baby’s clothes will be organized as baby grows. With our baby closet dividers nothing will be outgrown! They are truly life savers!
2. Roll onesies to save space
Another nursery organization hack for baby clothes is to roll onesies rather than folding them how you normally would.
3. Use a hanging shoe organizer
Using a hanging shoe organizer is an easy and affordable way to organize baby blankets, diapers, and even baby clothes.
- 24 roomy clear see through mesh pockets organizes up to 12 pairs of shoes;
4. Hang a storage organizer in the closet
Want to maximize vertical space in the baby’s closet? A hanging storage organizer can store baby clothes, shoes, blankets, diapers, and more.
- INSTANT ORGANIZATION: It is easy to add convenient custom storage to any closet with this over rod accessory organizer; 12 open compartments, 4 side pockets, and 1 elastic band store and organize clothing, shoes, accessories, receiving blankets, toys, puzzles, books, stuffed animals, plush toys, diapers, baby wipes, creams, ointments, lotions, receiving blankets, extra sheets and changing table accessories; Hangs securely over closet rod with the grip strips at top
5. Store too big baby clothes in bins
Do you have baby clothes that are way too big for baby at the moment? Or maybe you’re saving some from older siblings that baby can wear later on?
Try a storage bin with windows so that you can easily find exactly what you’re looking for.
- STORAGE ORGANIZER BOX SET (GRAY) — Store and protect clothing and household items with box style container bins
6. Organize dresser drawer with dividers
Keep baby’s dresser drawers clutter-free and easily find what you’re looking for with drawer organizers/dividers.
These are perfect for keeping tiny baby socks, mittens, and other accessories from getting lost.
If you’re on a tight budget, the plastic bins from the dollar store may also work.
- 8 PIECES - INSTANT ORGANIZATION: Store and organize socks, shoes, onesies, t-shirts, receiving blankets, plush toys, small books, accessories, diaper rash creams and ointments, baby lotion, medicine, medical supplies, hair brushes, combs, aspirators, thermometers and more; Mix and match storage organizers for endless organizational possibilities; Includes two large 10-compartment organizers, two medium 1 compartment organizers and four small 1 compartment organizers; Pack of 8
Nursery organization hacks for toys and more
What about the baby toys, diaper supplies, and other misc. baby products? Try these ideas!
7. Store baby toys in a nursery hamper
Honestly, every nursery needs a hamper or storage basket!
Use it to store baby toys or as a “catch all” for baby blankets, burp cloths, etc.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE BASKET KEEPS BABY'S ROOM ORGANIZED AND CLUTTER-FREE – Durable cotton rope storage basket measuring 15 inches wide and 13 inches tall. Capable of accommodating plenty of toys from your kid's room, creating a clutter free area. This baby toy storage basket isn’t only practical, but it can also be used for decorative purposes as well!
8. Hang a diaper caddy
Save space and keep all your diaper changing supplies within reach by hanging a diaper organizer on the crib, playard, or changing table.
This one holds up to 50 diapers and can be easily folded up for travel.
- 𝗡𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡𝗜𝗭𝗘𝗥 - Without taking up too much space, this hanging diaper caddy with 4 pockets allows you to keep diapers, ointments, toys, and other baby essentials within easy reach. It holds up to 40 diapers organizers nursery.
9. Organize diaper-changing supplies with a rolling storage cart
Another great way to organize your diaper-changing supplies is to turn a rolling storage cart into a mobile diaper-changing station.
10. Create a breastfeeding/pumping station
Rolling storage carts are also perfect for creating breastfeeding/pumping stations like this one:
11. Add a pocket organizer to the inside of your closet door
Another space-saving nursery organization idea is to add a pocket organizer to the inside of your closet door. Perfect for diapers and misc. baby products.
I love this one because of the large pocket space and it can’t be seen from the outside!
- 4 Large pockets hanging storage over the door
12. Use a cube organizer in the closet to save space
Finally, adding a cube organizer shelf to baby’s closet can also help you maximize space and keep baby’s belongings organized.
- 6-cube organizer with heavy-duty frame and full unit backer
There are so many cute bins you can get for these!
- DESIGN SPECIFICATION: Hurricane Munchkin toy storage box is constructed using high-quality 100% polyester with animal-themed felt applique. It measures 13" x 13" x 13" and It fits easily into most cube organizer shelves, including Ikea Kallax series.
Super easy nursery organization ideas to keep baby’s room neat and tidy!
Pin for later?