This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Cleaning is one area that so many people (including myself) tend to struggle with. There’s always so much to do.
And if you aren’t diligent about cleaning a little every day, the tasks can pile up quickly, leaving us with a messy house in no time.
A daily cleaning checklist is one of the best ways to stay organized and on top of your housework.
House cleaning checklist printables
I’ve included both colorful and ink-friendly versions. There are also Sunday and Monday starts, so choose your preference.
You may use these to make your own cleaning planner or binder or you can stick them on your fridge!
What should your daily cleaning routine look like?
Your personal cleaning routine will depend on the size of your home, how many people live there, and their personal cleaning habits.
Here are the daily tasks for an average household:
- Make beds
- Wipe down kitchen counters
- Check trash and empty if needed
- Sweep/vacuum floors (Run the robot vacuum to save time. Yes, it’s worth it!)
- Wash dishes/unload or load the dishwasher
- Tidy up living areas
- Do a quick clean of the bathrooms
- Put laundry away and start a new load (unless you prefer certain days)
What weekly tasks should I add to my checklist?
This will vary from room to room, but here are some examples:
- Laundry (if you prefer to do a lot at once)
- Clean the kitchen
- Clean the bathrooms
- Tidy up clutter magnet areas (for us, this tends to be the top of our bedroom dresser and nightstands)
- Wash sheets
- Clean out backpacks (if you have school-aged kids)
- Toss old schoolwork
- Toss/shred any mail clutter that has accumulated
This is a simple list to get you started.