This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
A responsibility chart (or kids chore chart printable) is an easy way to make chores a little more fun and exciting for kids.
And that’s crucial! Let’s be honest– Kids would rather browse YouTube or play a game than take out the bathroom trash.
Chore charts are also great for practicing positive reinforcement as a parent. (Maybe they will get small reward for completing their chart for a week/month, for example.)
Chore chart PDF for kids
How to access this printable chore chart for kids
This kids’ chore chart printable is included in a bundle we now call the Printables Assortment Pack. This pack includes over 50 life organization printables including printable calendars, weekly planners, and more.
Creating a DIY responsibility chart
Want to be able to use your chart over and over again without having to print new copies each week?
Self-laminating sheets make this extremely easy to do.
- Quickly and easily laminate important documents without a laminating machine; save time and money without sacrificing professional quality results with the easy peel backing
Laminating also makes it sturdier and you’ll be able to write on it with a dry erase marker.
Once you’ve finished with that, the only thing left to do is assign some age appropriate chores.
What chores are age appropriate?
Age appropriate chores for toddlers (2-3 years old):
- Pick up toys
- Put clothes in the hamper
- Dust (feather duster or sock on hand)
- Help wipe up messes
- Help put clothes in the dryer
Age appropriate chores for preschoolers (4-5 years old):
- Match socks
- Help take care of pets
- Clear and set the table
- Empty small trash cans
- Help put laundry away
Age appropriate chores for elementary age (6-9+ years old):
- Sort and fold laundry
- Help put laundry away
- Help pack school lunches
- Wipe counters
Just remember– The more specific you can be with their chores, the better!
More chore charts for kids
I love printables– But if, after reading over this, you think you’d rather just purchase a magnetic chore chart or you need a single chore chart for multiple kids, here are a few of our top picks from Amazon.
Roscoe Learning Responsibility Star Chart
- BUILDS RESPONSIBILITY – Helps children set goals and work toward achieving them. Visual rewards help children track progress and share their success with you!
Magnetic Behavior Chalkboard Rewards Chore Chart
- ✓ KIDS LOVE REWARD CHARTS – BUT STARS NO LONGER WORK…While star chart for kids used to be “all the rage”, most kids old enough to actually complete chores now find them cheesy and unmotivating. By allowing you to CHECK OFF each task completed, then providing kids THE REWARDS THEY REALLY WANT. Lushleaf chore tracker keeps kids MOTIVATED TO CLEAN, while making buying chore chart stars a thing of the past.
Kenson Kids “I Can Do It” Reward and Responsibility Chart
- INCREASED INCENTIVES: Having trouble getting your kids to pick up after themselves. Are you endlessly prompting them to do their homework. Wouldn't you love to hear please and thank you more often. The "I Can Do It." Reward Chart can help. Children thrive on praise and a little incentive goes a long way. This chart gives parents the tools to help raise more responsible, self- reliant kids.
Magnetic Behavior/Star/Reward Chore Chart
- Includes: Soft Behavior Chart & 4 Magnetic Dry-Erase Markers. Black, Blue, Green and Red!
pneat Good Behavior/Chore Chart
- CHORE CHART: Encourage good behavior with this magnetic tracking-and-reward responsibility chart. Enable I Can do it behavior in your kids
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Responsibility Chart
- MAGNETIC RESPONSIBILITY CHART: The Melissa & Doug Magnetic Responsibility Chart includes a pair of fabric-hinged dry-erase boards with 89 magnets featuring behaviors such as “Clean Room,” “Set Table,” and “No Teasing,” as well as rewards.
Help other parents out by pinning!